Yes the busy, exciting festive season is here which means that our calendars are filled with events, shopping, wrapping up with work, getting ready to go on that much deserved leave, spending time with family and friends and really just enjoying the December holiday spirit.
Because we are so busy, especially at this time of the year, we tend to forget to drink at least the required amount of water and stay hydrated, which is 4 – 6 glasses of water each day.
With it being the festive season, not only do you have to remember to drink water, but you also have a lot of other beverages such as cocktails and carbonated beverages out there competing and enticing you to rather pick them as your drink of choice.
And let’s face it, drinking just enough water to get by isn’t ideal for your body or your health. And when you don’t drink enough water, dehydration happens and it happens in the blink of an eye.
Look out for these symptoms to tell if you are dehydrated?
- Dry mouth
- Lowered blood pressure, headaches, and dizziness
- Muscle fatigue
- Dry, cool skin
- Feeling lethargic and irritable, and lastly the obvious but not so obvious one your are thirsty….I mean hellloooo
How to keep hydrated during the busy festive season
- Set a timer on your phone which you have with you pretty much 24/7 to remind you or download the app Water Logged. This apps and apps such as this one will assist you to keep track of how much water you have had throughout the day and it will send you reminder messages to keep drinking water or get a water bottle and mark it with time-oriented goals so that you can remember to drink water regularly throughout the day
- Be creative with the water you drink. Add some lemon, cucumber, or fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, cut up orange or mango etc. to add some flavour
- Keep water with you and drink it before you are thirsty as health expert often stay that we confuse thirst with hunger
- Drink a full glass of water for every caffeinated or alcoholic beverage consumed
- Consume foods and beverages that are high in water like, watermelon and grapes etc.
- As we spend quite a bit of time in the car, keep a bottle of water with you in the car so that when you are out and about you can still drink your water…there really is no excuses to not be drinking water.
The water you drink – did you know?
You would think that we naturally consume clean filtered water all day, every day. Unfortunately, this is not the case and the reason Waterways have developed a CC1 Quad Action filtration system. This system has been specifically designed to provide you with a constant source of clean, sweet tasting water.
Why is it important to consume clean water? With the increase of pollutants which are finding their way into our water supply, resulting in our water being filled with a high percentage of water toxins.
So not only is it important that you drink water, it is also essential that you and your family drink clean filtered water.
Image by Loren Kerns on Flickr (CC by 2.0)